Back to Prattville! Not literally...but figuratively...on the blog.
I think spacial/home/design/color issues are the most fun to solve. Which is a good thing because we had a few obstacles to dodge in Kim & Melinda's new house.
Guidelines to adhere to:
- Leave the beautiful, dark, wood paneling untouched
- Keep within a $1,500 budget
- Include 3 generations of women in the decision making process
To Do List:
- Invest in great pieces of furniture
- Find ways to lighten and spruce up the dark walls- Add grown up style while still keeping with the sparky personalities of Kim & Melinda
We began at Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta.
We also went to IKEA to pick up some sparkle and a cinnamon roll. Jessica & Turner shopped the day away with us. What good friends!
Here's the group that was waiting for us at the Autauga County High School Football Game.
From the left: Kimberly, Gran, Mary Jackson (aka Peanut), the dog whose name I can't remember, but check out his pose!!, Ms. Jan & Melinda.
I love this next part. This porch that everyone is perched on, is the same porch where both Gran and Ms. Jan were married. How sweet is that!
Our Atlanta & Montgomery errands were a great start. Next up - the kitchen!